The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Green Powered Technology, in partnership with Energy 4 Impact, have issued a call for proposals to solar home system (SHS) companies that are considering expanding their sales of pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) SHS into either or both Kiryandongo and Rwamwanja refugee settlements (and their respective host communities) as part of their broader business operations.
Applicants must have been operating on a commercial basis in East Africa for a minimum of 12 months. The applicant or a key partner must be fully registered to do business in Uganda. Grant funding may be used for, but is not limited to, any of the following purposes:
• Lower operational costs to establish branches or distribution points to serve these communities;
• Refugee and host community sales agent recruitment, sensitization, and training;
• Product line-up customization, alteration, or innovation for refugee and host community applications;
• Refugee and host community awareness building and promotional activities;
• Customer training on aspects such as product use and financial literacy;
• Other activities where companies can show a clear link to increasing opportunities for sales and engagement with refugee and host communities.
Full details of the eligibility criteria, program activities, application deadline, and other application guidelines can be found at www.greenpoweredtechnology.com/UgandaPAYGOGrants. Please check the website to download application materials. The Application Submission Deadline has been extended to Monday, March 25, 2019 by 1200 East Africa Time.
Questions or clarifications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.